Friday, July 12, 2013

Oatmeal Pancakes

I love oatmeal. 
I could eat it all the time. 
My girls aren't too crazy about it, but let's be honest. What toddler is, really? That is unless it's loaded down with sugar and butter. Now those are some selling points. In attempt to get some more whole grains into their diets, I decided to attempt some other ways of incorporating it into recipes. Therefore resulting in....


There's nothing weird about this recipe. No crazy ingredients that you've never heard of. The texture is just as light and fluffy as regular pancakes. You could toss in some flax-seed, wheat germ, and even some chia seeds for some extra nutrients (which if I'm thinking correctly might take the place of one of the eggs. I'll give that a try.)  


My girls LOVED them! They each had three regular size pancakes. Not little silver dollar size...regular. I got the toddler thumbs up from both. *smile*

See, it looks totally normal, right??
Here's what you'll need:

2 1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 t salt
2 1/2 t baking powder
2 cup whole oats
1 cup whole wheat flour

Blend all of the ingredients together. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes. Cook like you would regular pancakes. DEVOUR!!!! 

I used to use this recipe for pancakes but substituted whole wheat flour. My girls loved it just the same. What I love about this recipe is that 1. It's clean 2. It's full of protein 3. and fiber 4. It will help keep us full longer in the morning 5. ENERGY! 6. It freezes amazing

Do your kids love pancakes as much as mine do? Do you kids eat oatmeal? (if so I'm jealous!) If not, I hope you give this recipe a try and that they enjoy it too!

4 comments:

  1. That's sounds good. My daughter hates oatmeal but she is a picky picky eater and really only eats a handful of things. Pancakes I can usually get her to eat so I may have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds good. My daughter hates oatmeal but she is a picky picky eater and really only eats a handful of things. Pancakes I can usually get her to eat so I may have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I was waiting for you to share this! We LOVE oatmeal and eat it a couple of times a week - I found that if I put bananas and peanut butter on my kids, that they love it! But these look like a great alternative once in awhile! My kids love pancakes too!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love these oatmeal pancakes! We also eat oatmeal once or twice a week - usually with a little honey, berries, and plain yogurt.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14