Saturday, July 5, 2014

So Ready


I know. It's been a while. A long while for sure. 
I'm sitting on the back porch tonight trying to catch my breath from the whirlwind that just sucked me under. Some evenings are easy peasy...most though are like tigers waiting to pounce. You think it's all good then...
BAM!!!
It's smacks ya up side the head and takes you down for the kill.
Ok, so maybe not as brutal as that but I'm sure you have an inkling of what I"m talking about here. Right?
(just not your head yes)

Our day here was like semi-sweet chocolate. Just enough sweet to balance out the bitter. My girls act as if they know when I need the sweet to step up it's game. Like first thing in the morning...

them-- Moma, can we cuddle with you instead of getting up?
me--you sure can punkins (cause lord knows this moma does not want to get up at the crack of dawn...again)
them--out cold snoring up against each other


And let me just clarify...this never happens!!! Ok. Just making sure.
SO we've been busy. Waiting. 
We are patiently waiting for Daddy to get back. 
This Moma realized today...
14 DAYS 
Y'all!!!! I cannot, I repeat, I cannot tell you how crazy excited I am to have my backup back in action. No, just kidding. I'm ready for my BFF to get back here. Holding hands is not easy when there's this huge amount of land and sea in the middle of us. Anyhoo...so we celebrated with ice cream. In cones.
It seemed appropriate.


They were happy as all get out. More so about the ice cream because they don't really understand the whole countdown thing. But, who's counting right?!

Miss Ellie is leaping small mountains trying to catch up to her sisters and all the little momas out there. Speed racing with her stroller and Olaf around the house. I kid you not. I took almost 20 pictures of her pushing that thing aorund. All but two were blurry because she was going to fast. Crazy little bugger. In her diaper of course. (latest fashion..duh!!)


 I also, sadly enough, cannot bear to take that stupid paci out of this child's life quite yet. The cry myself to the point of crocodile tears is just unbearable for this Moma in the midst of a lonely deployment with no consolation to my baby growing up. Can you hand me a tissue? 
Just saying. So, please don't judge the fact that most of the pictures she's in...the paci is also.

So, lately, our days are filled with lot's of cartoons and funny movies, princess dress up, puzzles, cuddles, going to friends houses (to save Moma's sanity), and just being. And honesty, even though I find myself in tears at the end of most of these lonely days, I know that they are more special than most of the ones I'll ever have with these littles. 

I will never have the chance to "be" with them like I get to "be" with them right now. 
Just me. 
All me. 
Only me.
That's all you get. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Just me...Your Moma.

Even though, I'm ready. So ready for the next phase. 
It's coming too.
Quicker than I realized it would (never did I say that back in January) but it is.  We are ready to do a heal kick and a yippee to see that man in uniform walking through the security gates. Unreal. 
That's all I can think of. 
So ready.
Because really, he needs to catch up on all of this.





 







2 comments:

  1. Missed you, my friend. I'm so glad it's almost time for everyone to be together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie cracks me up, every time! Praying for you! We missed all of you at Bumpa's Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14