Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Gluten Free/ Lactose Free Blueberry Muffins


If it were up to my girls, they would eat cereal for breakfast every single morning. Since they can't eat a normal box of cherrios anymore, cereal at $5 plus a box is a little outrageous. So I've been looking countlessly for breakfast alternatives. I must add, my girls will NOT eat eggs. Crazy I know. So...

We made gluten free/ lactose free blueberry muffins this past week and the girls absolutely loved them. I was shocked but extremely happy. I thought they would turn out gritty or hard as rock. These were fluffy and full of flavor. The nice thing is you can leave out the blueberries for a plain muffins or even add different fruits and nuts instead of blueberries. You could even snazz it up with a layer of jelly between the muffin batter. So many different options.

It's so nice to finally have an inexpensive muffin recipe that they not only love but can eat their little hearts out.



  • Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
  • 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking mix (any brand will work, I used Arrowhead Mills
  • 1/2 cup palm sugar
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil 
  • 2 large eggs room temp
  • 1/2 cup lactose free milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
  • 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • cinnamon sugar blend for sprinkling on top.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease your muffin pan.
Mix all of the ingredients in except the berries. Once it's all combine well, fold in the berries. 
Fill you muffin cups just below the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar blend. 
Let them bake for about 25 minutes. Take them out and let them cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14