Thursday, July 9, 2015

Homemade Playdough

The past two weeks we've been keeping inside to stay out of this brutal heat that South Carolina has been dealt with. Keeping the girls busy was easy at first, but I hit a wall when it came time for me to get some chores done. They wanted to do something fun and the only thing I could think of was play dough...but we had none. So, I packed everyone up and we went to the store. A few dollars and a couple minutes later the girls were totally involved in the softest play dough. I even gave them some dry pasta to help spark some creativity.

The recipe I have is extremely easy to whip up. I keep it in a plastic container and it stays just as soft. I doubled the recipe this time, but with the three of them, I will add one more batch to it. I hope you have fun with it if you give a whirl.

Homemade Play dough
1 C. Flour
1/2 C. Salt
1 Tablespoon Alum 
1 C. Boiling Water
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add in the water and mix well. Stir in the oil and knead until it's soft. Separate and add food coloring to create different colors. Mix well. 



Ellie was proud of her Minnie cakes. 


Below you will see the following animal...
1.) pink doe-doe bird
2.) a burrito monster
3.) water buffalo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14