Thursday, July 15, 2010

Braised Beef Short Ribs


Last week I planned out my menu like I usually do (even though I don't always share it with you). I didn't follow this menu like I was hoping I would...I guess last week was pretty lazy for me.

This meal was about the only thing I made off of that menu...and it was GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
I admit...I was a little hesitant at first, but I overcame the intimidation and got to cookin'.
I've been wanting to make this meal for along time. I've looked it up all over the Internet comparing recipes  to each other. They all used the basic idea...So...you know what I did.
My Own Thing!!!!

Yepper!!!

I bought a package of 6 beef short ribs. It looks like more in this picture, but they started to fall apart when they were cooking.
In my stock pot, I heated up 3 Tbspn of Olive Oil. I seasoned the short ribs with S&P and garlic powder. I placed them in the pot and browned them all over. Once they were browned, I took them out and put them on a plate to the side.

In the same pot, I put 2 carrots, 1 stalk of celery, and 1onion chopped. Also, 4 cloves of garlic simply chopped really fine.

I cooked them in the pot until they were tender...bout 5 minutes. Then I added the ingredients below:
tomato paste, beef broth, and red wine

First, I poured in bout 1 1/2 cups of wine. Let it simmer for a bit to get all of the goodies off the bottom from the short ribs. Once it's all up, I added in the can of tomato paste and box of beef broth.

Stirred it around real good incorporating the tomato paste into the wine and broth.


 Placed the short ribs back into the sauce, put your burner on low and let it cook for 3-4 hours.
Some rice or mashed potatoes would go great with it....we had brown rice.
The sauce turned out so rich and scrumptious! Honestly, it tasted like something that I would've ordered at a restaurant. I'm not tootin' my own horn, but it was GOOOOOD! It's been a long time since I've made something on my own and it turn out so yummy.

Mike promised me when we first started dating that if he didn't like something that I fixed for him that he would tell me. That's one thing I love about him.
He told me that this was definitely a recipe I could card up..meaning...he loved it!!!




This post is linked to:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14