Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Home Tour: Welcome to My Kitchen

When I'm not here playing with my girls, you will more than likely find me in this lovely area.


To the right you can see my next project in progress.
I'm so sorry for the lighting...it's old. Definitely on our "upgrade" list. *smile*
So I'll share some of the areas with you.

These jars are things that I use often. Left to Right:
Coffee, Baby Cereal, and Flour
I would have my whole wheat flour out, but it's not in a pretty jar like this one is. So...

Theyw ould probably look a lot prettier if they had their names on them. Awh...note taken. I like having these indgredients on the counter because I use them everyday. It's nice havin them right there.

These are my soap pumps. I {heart} them very much.
They look clean and old and I love that even more. Keeps my sink area looking...less cluttered. I got them at Target.

This is my prep area. My calendar for all the "to-do's", my recipe pocket for new recipes, sippy cups for the morning, my lovely mixer, and my pig cutting board.

And this...this...this is where all the magic happens. Spices waiting their turns to dive into the next yummy-licious meal that's to be prepared on the stove of wonders.

Anyhoo...

One last area. My pantry.

What? You can't see in there? Oh! I'm sorry. That's a whole other story that must be tackled another day.

Want to know whats been doing on in this kitchen that past 2 days?
Well, Life As Mom started her  freezer cooking this past weekend and I joined in. I made my list and conquered the task.

Awhhhhh...the end results. Bounty!!!

Cooking plan:


1 BIG pot of Chili
Shredded chicken
Cooked Ground Hamburger
Marinaded Chicken Breasts
Fajita Kit
Chopped Onions
Sliced Carrots
Sweet Peas
Butternut Squash
Spaghetti Squash
Fajita kit, 2.5 lbs chopped onions, 1 lb sliced carrots, 2 bags sliced green pepper

Baby Food: apples, carrots, pears

4 bags of chili, 2 bags cooked hamburger

2 bags of 2 boneless chicken breasts in Mojo marinade
 I also baked the chicken quarters and pulled the meat of f the bones for shredded chicken. I ended up with 3 bags of it. Yay!

Having a good freezer stock is so helpful when you're short on time...which is exactly what I always am these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14