Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I'm in total disbelief that it is already Monday again. This past week was filled with sniffles, coughs, runny noses, and watery eyes...oh yeah...can't forget the chilling weather. Cold toes are not delightful, just in case you weren't aware.


My girls and I have been so under the weather this week it's unreal. My poor Savannah welcomed the cold bug into our home somehow. She passed it on to me and then I to Hope. It got the best of Savannah and I, but Hope was a trooper. She managed to overcome the whole thing. I was truly impressed.

So, needless to say, not much was accomplished this week. I was very thankful to have Mike work with me on suppers. We still managed to cook from the pantry or freezer stock though, despite the fact that I didn't feel like cooking much.
YAY!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!

Last week's menu sounded so yummy but some of our suppers from this week were sort of similar to be honest. Here's what we were going to have:
(our actual suppers are in green.)

Blackened MahiMahi with broccoli and steamed rice
Shepherds Pie with fresh salads
Apple Roasted Pork with green beans and dill potatoes
Mojo Chicken Fajitas with seasoned wild rice
Grilled Pork Chops with baked potatoes and glazed carrots
Taco Soup
Spaghetti with homemade wheat bread sticks

Instead, here was our "Moma is Sick Menu:"
hamburger and potato casserole with Parmesan roasted brocoli
homemade chicken and dumplings
spaghetti with slices of whole wheat bread with butter
shake-n-bake pork chops, cheesy pasta, and broccoli
out of the freezer chicken fajita soup


So, menu planning this week will be super easy being that I'll just carry over some of  what we didn't have depending on if we still have the necessary items to prepare thee recipes. Piece of cake!

Monday:  pork roast (not sure what kind...it's big so I'm thinking of saving half of it)
Tuesday: potato soup with homemade yeast rolls
Wednesday: Mojo chicken fajitas
Thursday: beef and noodles
Friday: honey chicken with glazed carrots
Saturday: crock pot pork ribs
Sunday: chicken pot pies

Sounds yummy already. I can't wait to try my yeast rolls. First time making those.

What do you have planned for this weeks menu? No ideas? Oh that's ok...head over to Org Junkie and check out everyones menus. Maybe it'll spark an idea or 2. Hopefully 5 or 6 to fill up your week. *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends. Tell me what you think..God bless!

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more Psalm 71:14